Hi ladies, how was your weekend? Happy Easter to all my amazing readers. I’m so glad Christ came, died on the cross of calvary and rose again for our sakes. Now we can directly communicate with God everyday and at anytime. I hope we all had a fab Easter celebration and are enjoying our public holiday for us Nigerians.
I co – washed on wednesday which is something I haven’t done in a very long time. My hair felt really dry and couldn’t seem to retain moisture. It’s also breaking especially at the line of demarcation which is a sign for me to end my stretch. But I’m not ready to do that yet since I’m only 8 weeks post relaxer. So, I am going to put my hair in a long term protective style; crochet braids. Yope y’all know I’m in love with crochet braids. Details will be on the blog once I’ve installed them. Without further ado, here’s how my co-wash went:
- Detangled my hair with my fingers and then a wide toothed comb.
- Made my hair into calabar braids and washed with V05 moisturising conditioner and V05 repair and protect strengthening conditioner. I made sure to rinse properly.
- Deep conditioned with heat for 45 minutes by applying Motions Moisture Plus conditioner to my roots and Organics Hair mayonnaise to me ends. Rinsed thoroughly with cool water.
- Air dried till my hair was 80% dry and applied my leave-ins: Mega profecleave-in strengthener and Motions Cpr triple action leave-in conditioner.
- Sealed with coconut oil and Jbco for my edges and nape.