problem. At first I thought was protein overload which hardly ever happens to
me but it wasn’t the problem. Then I thought I may have under processed my hair
during my last relaxer session but that wasn’t it either.
Then it clicked! I hadn’t done a trim since the beginning
of the year and the breakage was mostly at my ends so without wasting time I grabbed
my scissors and trimmed about half an inch of my ends. My ends still look
terrible and I have a lot of work to do in that area but they’re definitely
better than before the trim.
- Skipped a pre-poo because I realized I have to wash
my hair almost 4 times with my Ors HaiRepair Sulfate-free shampoo to get most
of the oils from the pre-poo out.
- Washed with Ors HaiRepair Sulfate twice and rinsed
with warm water.
- Deep conditioned with Motions Moisture plus and Ors
Hair Mayonnaise mixed with olive oil for 30 minutes with heat.
- Rinsed with cool water and wrapped my hair in a
cotton t-shirt to soak up the excess water.
- Air-dried till my hair was 70% damp and applied my
leave-ins Mega Profective leave-in strengthener and Aphogee Green Tea
- Continued air-drying using the scarf method.
- Once my hair was fully dry, I put it in an updo and
tied a scarf to tame my edges.
|My ponytail before the trim|
to my scraggly relaxed ends. I’m glad I did this trim and may do another one
until I see healthy ends #teamhealthoverlength.
but I’m not sure what at the moment. My options are crochet braids (which I love
but I don’t know what style to do) or twists or knotless braids just like the
ones Dabs of Naija Hair Can Grow made a month ago. I’d welcome any ideas
Have a blessed week ahead…