Hi ladies. It’s been a very long while I’ve put up a post. I know y’all must have been wondering if i’d fallen off the moon…lol!!! I’ve had impromptu exams over the last month but thank God it’s over now and I can concentrate fully on my hair, the blog and Christmas. And about Christmas, 1 year has flown by so fast I feel like I didn’t do so much (hairwise) and I keep wondering where all the days went to.
Thanksgiving was over the weekend and though we don’t celebrate it here in Nigeria, I have a lot to be thankful for this year.
Before I tell about my washday let me give you a not-so-perfect hair update.
In the past one month I’ve washed my hair weekly and followed my regimen unfaithfully *covers face*. My exams and classes left me with little time to care for my hair and I hardly moisturised or sealed. But God loves me and my hair so much because I didn’t experience as much breakage or dryness as I deserved for my neglect. However, I had to do a full protein treatment on one of my washdays to minimise the breakage. I finally bought a wig last week as we’re experiencing harmattan already (my not so favourite time of the year) and will do a review soon.
Here’s how my washday went;
- Detangled with my fingers and a wide toothed comb and put my hair in braids.
- Clarified twice with Ors Creamy aloe shampoo.
- Did a mild protein treatment with Motions Cpr protein reconstructor (I should do a review on this soon) using heat for 5 minutes and rinsed with warm water.
- Tea rinse with 1bag of twinning’s black tea.
- Deep conditioned with Organics Hair mayonnaise, Motions Moisture Plus conditioner and Olive oil for 30 minutes with heat.
- Rinsed with cool water to seal in the moisture.
- Moisturised with Mega profective leave-in strengthener and Elasta Qp olive oil and mango butter and sealed with Olive oil.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve been moisturising with shea butter as well because of the weather and sealing with olive oil because it’s heavier than coconut oil and helps to retain moisture better. Overall, my hair is okay. I’ve had it in cornrows or braids especially since I’m protective styling using a wig. The wig gives my hair a break and allows it to be protected because this weather ain’t laughing. Lol! I also noticed dandruff in the front section of my hair and I was really sad because I thought that chapter of my life had been closed but I guess that’s what I get for neglecting my hair. Since I’m back to adhering to my regimen strictly, the dandruff should disappear soon.
What’s been happening with your hair ladies?
Have a blessed week ahead…