Hi ladies. How is your week going and how was your weekend? Mine is and was awesome! So I’ve tweaked my regimen a bit from washing weekly to bi-weekly.
I did this because I realised my hair needed way less manipulation during the Harmattan period in December which surprisingly seems to have continued in January here in Abuja.
I’ve been protective styling using a wig for the past few months. For a while I wasn’t happy with the wig because of its colour and texture but I’ve found a way to style it and I’m loving it. Now to my washday post;
- My hair had been in braids for about 2 weeks and to be honest I had barely moisturised nor sealed. So to detangle, I used Motions Moisture Plus conditioner and used my heat cap for 5minutes to soften my hair.
- Then I detangled using my fingers alone. Detangling was a breeze as the conditioner provided enough slip. (Ps: I haven’t combed my hair in a month because I’m trying to see if it would work for me).
- I washed with Ors Creamy aloe shampoo twice and rinsed with warm water.
- Deep conditioned with Organics Hair mayonnaise and Ors replenishing conditioner for 20 minutes with heat.
- Rinsed with cool water and t-shirt dried before air drying.
- Moisturised and sealed when my hair was 70% dry with Mega profective leave-in strengthener, Elasta Qp olive oil and mango butter and Coconut oil. I used Jamaican Black Castor oil for my edges.
- Put my hair into 2 side braids and tied a satin scarf to bed.