Hi ladies. How have you been? I’ve been preparing for my sister’s upcoming graduation and it’s been hectic. I finally washed my hair last night when I could no longer stand the itching and how awkward I looked because my wig gave my face a funny shape. Lol!
This washday was super quick as I was tired from all the running around and preparation for the graduation. I skipped most of the steps and went to the good ol’ shampoo and conditioner. This was how I used to wash my hair when I was younger.
- I detangled my hair with my fingers and a wide toothed comb.
- Washed twice with Tresemme luxurious moisture shampoo for dry and dull hair. Dry and dull was a perfect description of my hair even though I moisturised and sealed during the week
- Deep conditioned with Ors Replenishing Conditioner for 10 minutes with heat.
- Rinsed with cold water to seal in the moisture.
- Air dried till my hair was 80% dry. I sped up the drying process by sitting in front of a fan.
- Applied my leave-in; Dark and Lovely Moisturiser and sealed with Grapeseed oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil for my edges and nape.
- I then put my hair into 6 chunky twists and slept with a satin bonnet. This morning I unraveled the twists which really helped to stretch my hair and put it in a loose updo.
|My new growth is darker than the rest of my hair|
I have a lot of new growth and even though I haven’t had any serious setbacks with my stretch except my dandruff I think it’s time for me to relax. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to protective style and detangling has become a nightmare. These are already warning signals and also the fact that I’m almost 20 weeks post relaxer.
Since I’m preparing for my next relaxer session I don’t plan to stress my hair at all. I’ll continue to moisturise and seal till I’m ready.
How was your washday ladies?
Have a blessed week ahead…