Hi ladies. How was your weekend? Mine was awesome!! Before I go into the details of my washday, why didn’t anyone tell me about Apple cider vinegar??!
I feel like I’ve wasted my time, effort and money battling dandruff and dry scalp (remember my dandruff invasion?) when I could have known all about Acv rinses. Anyways I’ll forgive y’all this one time. Here’s the washday gist:
- Detangled my hair with my fingers and my annie wide toothed comb from my mini haul.
- Put my hair into 6 twists which ended up unravelling during my first wash (pro’s of a fresh texlax…lol).
- Washed twice with Creme of Nature Sulfate-free shampoo and Rinsed with warm water.
- Deep conditioned with V05 moisturising conditioner for 30 minutes without heat (I ran out of my Ors Replenishing Conditioner from my relaxer kit).
- Rinsed with cool water and then did the acv rinse by mixing 2 parts water with one part Acv or in my own method; 4 caps water with 2 caps Acv (I used the acv bottle cap).
- I felt a tingling sensation while pouring the acv on my scalp. Anyone else who experiences that?
- Left it on for 5 minutes before rinsing out with V05 moisturising conditioner again.
- I tried to do a roller set after moisturising and sealing with Lusters S curl no drip Activator, the setting lotion from my relaxer kit and Coconut oil but it was an epic fail so I put my hair into 6 twists instead.
The next morning I decided to try a doughnut which I haven’t done in ages and I couldn’t believe it worked. Like my hair can by styled into a doughnut. I do underestimate my hair sometimes. Lol! Below are the results;
Can you see how full my hair is?! Now I just need to work on more growth and length.
Look at all the hair on my neck! Couldn’t it have grown on my edges instead. Lmao!!! Who else feels the same?
I’ve read about Acv rinses on some of my fave blogs often but it never occurred to me to try it out especially since I didn’t know it could be used to treat itchy and dry scalp.
Sometime during the week, I went window shopping at a new mall that just opened beside my house and I saw Apple cider vinegar. I was so excited because I’d seen a lot of bloggers incorporate it into their regimen. I bought one and went home to research on acv rinses. I’m glad I did my research well because I’ve learnt a lot on its uses for both hair and skin and I intend to use it in my regimen too.
What new products have included in your regimen?
Have a blessed week ahead…..